Friday, December 21, 2012

THE LOCAL ARTIST SPEAKS: Scott Gallegos

Scott Gallegos (pronounced Guy-eh-gos) stopped by the KZME studios not too long ago to drop off his music.  Fortunately, I was in the studio to visit with him and receive the CD he brought along!

I picked one of the songs off of that CD as the KZME Song of the Week for December 20, 2012:  Off the Hook.  It is off his CD, est. 1976 on the Bottom of the Well label.


Meet Scott Gallegos!

************************************
How long have you lived in the Portland area? I was born in Milwaukie, Oregon on October 4th, 1976 - so, 29 years!

Give us a brief history of your band/project: I started writing and playing around Portland in 2005 with my older brother.  We formed the band Taco Meat that went on to become Hillside Lane.  In 2007, I released my first solo album, "est. 1976". In 2010, I released a "live @ Mississippi Studios" album, and just last month, on November 10, I released my latest studio album "Somehow Divine".

What’s the first song you ever learned to play?  Paul Simon's "Slip Slidin' Away"...still my favorite Simon tune!

What’s your favorite local venue to play? To see other bands?  I was pretty honored to play the Aladdin last year and have always enjoyed our shows at Mississippi Studios.  Mississippi is also a great place to see bands at as well.

Speaking of other bands, who do you like on the Portland music scene?  Without question, Portland has an amazing local music scene and I have had a fantastic opportunity to become very close with many of them.  My favorite local guy is also one of my dear friends, Michael Sheridan of National Flower - everything he touches is gold to me.

Tell us about a recent “Only in Portland” moment you might have had:  I don't have any great "Portland" stories.  I hope that doesn't mean that I am too much a part of it to notice. ;)

Finish this sentence: “I cannot live without_____”:  Not to be too cliche, but my family.

CONNECT
http://www.reverbnation.com/scottgallegos

KZME SONG OF THE WEEK
http://www.kzme.fm/

No comments:

Post a Comment