Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Loving the Arts


I just scheduled two great interviews for today: One with Pippa Arend of p:ear and the other with Ariel Gore. Both of these ladies make such an impact in our community when it comes to art. I truly admire both of them for their work and contribution.

Pippa is the program director at p:ear. I met her many moons ago when I was working at KBOO Community Radio. I didn't get to spend much time talking with her but was very impressed with the program she was running at p:ear - now I finally get to chat with her about it. About time, eh?

I first came across the work of Ariel Gore when I had my baby, Lila Rose. A friend hooked me up with The Hip Mama Survival Guide in the early days of motherhood. I was so impressed with how Ariel managed her life as a new mom.

Yes, Portland is chock filled with amazing talent and art. I feel very fortunate to live here and access such things!

Dennise

No comments:

Post a Comment