Monday, May 2, 2011

KZME Volunteer Spotlight: Allie Silverberg


1. A brief bio about who you are...
I came to Portland about two and half years ago. I'm from New York, moved here via Los Angeles where I studied classical voice. I'm half of the pop/folk duo Sound Semantics, and we're currently in a new-video-every-week project for 2011 (soundsemantics.wordpress.com for all the videos!). As for my day job, I've stepped off the stage but am keeping music in my life there, too, working for the Oregon Symphony. When I first came to Portland, I gave the city at least a year to woo me, and convince me to stay. With great character, an endless list of must-see's and must-do's, and the wonderful multi-genre music scene, the city has definitely succeeded!

2. Your volunteer gig with KZME is our web content editor - why do you do this for us?
I have some very basic web-design experience and am passionate about music--especially local music, now that I'm a local. Between work and play, my schedule can be limiting, but website help can be done anytime, anywhere--so I'm able to stay involved and support a cause I believe in.

3. A few of your favorite local bands and/or venues...
Typhoon and The Woods! My "favorites" tend to change all the time, but I've been stuck on Typhoon for weeks.

4. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Yeesh. I wouldn't know where to start! I'd probably pay off my student loans, invest a little, donate a lot, and try to bribe my family and friends to move to Portland...

Here are some links to keep track of what I'm up to outside of KZME:

soundsemantics.wordpress.com
facebook.com/soundsemantics
www.soundsemantics.com

Oregon Symphony - Portland's largest and most timeless local band?
www.orsymphony.org

No comments:

Post a Comment