Saturday, May 14, 2011

Y La Bamba Live

Sometimes I feel like the worst person in the world. Like right now, for instance, as I finally get around to blogging about the fantastic Y La Bamba show that I told myself I would blog about more than a month ago. But then, when I look at the news I don't feel so bad because some people are really terrible. But I'll tell you whats not terrible... Y La Bamba.

But you probably knew that already. Everyone seems to think so and I agree. If you haven't heard consider yourself informed. Or just click here to hear for yourself.



Now that that is out of the way I have but a few things to say about the show. I have been enjoying their album Lupon. It is a fantastic listen but there is something special about seeing them live. Part of it is that frontwoman Luz Elena is mesmerizing to watch, but it is also that the band as a whole has fantastic stage presence. They are warm and funny (especially Ben Meyercord, whom I would pay to go see just sitting on a stool and talking) and involve the audience in a way that makes it seem like you are participating in the creation of the show.

Pretty much everybody should go see this band play and sing. You wont be able to for a while though because they are off somewhere touring extensively (including a stint with the great Niko Case.) I know I will be looking forward to their homecoming concert.

Ostensibly, you can keep up with their tour diary here.

1 comment:

  1. Y La Bamba are one of my favorites too...especially live! They've got a cool music video you might check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckFQ-7743Rc

    Thanks for the blog post!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete